If your swimming pool tiles have cracks, it is the high time you got a professional to repair them for you. Some of the repairs are inexpensive while others may require thousands of dollars to repair. Before you get swimming pool contractors, it is important that you understand what your project will involve. This will help you to make an informed decision because it may be the best time to replace your outdated or inferior pool.
What Does a Swimming Pool Repair Involve?
- The structure repair: The concrete, fiberglass and vinyl are the three commonly used materials in the construction of a swimming pool. The three have their share of advantages and disadvantages. This means that they are prone to different types of disrepair.
- Concrete pools can crack easily especially in areas that are very cold, for instance during winter. However, the minor cracks can easily be patched while the bigger cracks may require that you completely overhaul the pool.
- Vinyl pools are very vulnerable to tearing in their linings. However, for the small tears, you can have them repaired while the larger tears may require you to replace the whole lining. The good news is that it is easier to replace a lining than concrete.
- Fiberglass is not easily damaged. However, it easily reacts to minerals or other chemicals such as those used to clean the swimming pool. These chemicals cause an ugly discoloration but can be washed using some acids.
- Repairing your pumps and filters
- It is not easy to know when a filter or pump is working properly or not unless it breaks down completely. In a worse scenario, both the pump and the filter can be working properly but if properly installed cannot work well together. Such problems are mostly common in the older swimming pools that are constructed above the ground.
- Your pump and filter may not work properly if they are clogged or the hose is damaged. This means that you need proper chemical treatment for your swimming pool. . Remember to have the hoses and other filtration parts checked carefully by a professional. Having the model number of your filtration system can help a professional to identify the problem quickly.
Having your own swimming pool is a great achievement. However, ensure that you get the right contractors in case of any repairs to maintain its value.